Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why I Do What I Do

I started baking and decorating sugar cookies when my oldest son, Tyler, started kindergarten and all of the class parties started. I had never taken a cooking or baking class, but thought, my mom made treats for my classes, so I needed to do the same for my kids. So, through the last 13 years and the addition of 3 more children I have made A LOT of cookies. A couple of years ago, I decided to offer my help to my working friends. I sent out an e-mail to let them know that if their kids needed treats for their Valentine's Day parties that I would be happy to make them. Well, to my surprise, within 10 minutes I had orders for 13 dozen cookies. I was a little scared to say the least, but I made them and received many compliments so I decided to try it, again, at Easter. As they say, the rest is history....sort of. Through word of mouth, I have been baking and decorating sugar cookies for my friends. I never knew how much joy I would feel just from something that I have loved doing for my kids. The last several months I have a few friends that have been encouraging me to start this as a business. After many hours of thought and prayer, I decided to jump in with both feet and see if it will work. I have posted some examples of my Easter cookies. I would love to have some feedback on my designs and feel free to offer suggestions. Thank you for reading my story. My contact information is on the side of this blog so feel free to call or email for pricing and orders.

Thank you for joining me on this adventure and have a wonderful day!
Sheri Springer

No comments: